You may have noticed the trend of springrolls: a mix of different vegetables, covered with a thin piece of rice skin. It is quick to make and super healthy! When we came across this recipe of Nutritious & Fast , it reminded us very much of it, but of course something else. Instead of a rice skin as a shell, they use a thin omelette as the outside of the rolls.
Are your sandwiches or salads lunchy enough for lunch and are you looking for a good replacement? This is it! This omelet is full of vegetables and is very easy to make. Alone in the root are a lot of vitamins such as A, B and C, fiber and potassium. Certainly a good addition in terms of nutrients!
What you need (2 servings)
For in the wraps:
- White cabbage (julienne cut) – 80 grams
- Carrot (julienne cut) – 60 grams
- Unsalted cashew nuts – 40 grams
- Germ vegetables mild – 30 grams
- Egg – 4 pieces
- Coriander – 3 sprigs
- A knob of butter
- Pepper and salt to taste
For the dressing:
- Yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- Honey – 1/2 tablespoon
- Chilli pepper – 1 teaspoon
Make, Shake & Bake
- Mix two eggs together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry a thin omelette.
- Do this with the other two eggs. To save some time, you can use two pans to bake the omelettes at the same time.
- Remove the leaves of coriander from the twigs and cut them coarsely. In addition, chop the cashew nuts into coarse pieces.
- Mix the ingredients of the dressing and divide them over the omelettes.
- Fill the omelettes with the carrots, white cabbage, sprouts, chopped cashew nuts and the coriander leaves.
- Roll the omelettes with filling and you can at the table, or you can take them in your lunchbox!