‘Wednesday minced meat day’ is a term that you have probably heard. The meat from the butcher was put into the mill on Wednesdays there it is: minced meat. Now that we know where the term comes from, this delicious tomato soup recipe from Nutritious & Fast is even more suitable for today.
It is drizzly and gray outside, it rains more often and the wind is pure. Perfect soup again! That is why this sturdy tomato soup with meatballs will warm you up again.
What you need (2 servings)
- Vine tomatoes – 700 grams
- Leek – 1 piece, approx. 280 grams
- Ground beef – 200 grams
- Carrots – 175 grams
- Tomato paste – 140 grams
- Bouillon powder – 15 grams
- Oatmeal – 15 grams
- Water – 500 ml
- Egg – 1 piece
- Avocado – 1 piece
- Meat spices – 1 tsp
Make, Shake & Bake
- Boil about one and a half liters of water in an electric kettle.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut the stalks off.
- Cut a small cross in the bottom of the tomatoes. This makes it easier to skimp them.
- Pour the boiling water into a pan and add the tomatoes. Cook for a maximum of 2 minutes.
- Drain the tomatoes and immerse them directly in a bowl of cold water. Then carefully pull the skin off the tomatoes.
- Now cut them into small pieces. Make sure that the hard crown has been removed.
- Put the pieces of tomato in a soup pan and add half a liter of water and stock. Let this cook for about 5 minutes.
- Wash the roots and cut them into slices.
- Remove the kernel of the avocado, spoon out the flesh and cut it into small pieces. Also make rings of the leek.
- Add the tomato puree, together with the vegetables just cut, to the tomatoes in the soup pan. Cook everything for 10 minutes.
- Grab a bowl and a plate and put the oatmeal, meat herbs, minced meat and egg into the dish. Mix this well and knead the whole together. Then turn small meatballs and place them on the plate.
- Remove the pan with the vegetables from the heat. Puree this briefly: it does not have to be completely smooth .
- Put the pan back on a low heat and add the soup balls. After 3 minutes your filled soup is ready to serve!
A delicious, easy and nutritious soup for lunch or dinner. Serve, for example, with a baguette. Great to dip and to spread some herb cheese or hummus.