Beets are so simple to prepare and you can go in all directions; cooking, raw eating, mashing, pressing, steaming or roasting. Beets can also be processed in various ways in a dish. Today we choose a delicious recipe from Nutritious & Fast , which makes your sandwich an extra treat to eat with this beet spread.
Eating enough vegetables in a day is part of a healthy and varied diet. Sometimes this sometimes comes into play. By processing vegetables in your meals throughout the day, that becomes a breeze. With this delicious spread of goat’s cheese and beets you spread some vegetables on your bread without you realizing it.
Besides that the beetroot is versatile and has a delicious sweet taste, the tuber is also available almost all year round and certainly not expensive. The beetroot also has several health benefits. It is full of vitamins, promotes sporting performance, improves digestion and helps fight inflammation.
What you need (8 servings)
- Pre-cooked beet – 200 grams
- Goat cheese – 150 grams
- Chives – 10 stems
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper and salt – to taste
Make, Shake & Bake
- Put the beets and the goat cheese in a large bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to this.
- Puree the ingredients into a coarse mixture with the hand blender or use a fork.
- Chop the chives and scoop through the spread.
- Finally, spread the spread with pepper and salt.
there it is: A healthy, tasty and simple spread for your bread.