The vegan eateries shoot like mushrooms, vegetable products appear more and more on the shelves of the ‘normal’ neighborhood supermarket. Much is also written about in cookbooks and on social media. This broccoli soup of Nutritious & Fast is a perfect meal if you want to eat vegan.
Nowadays people eat more consciously, we pay attention to the origin of products, we look at the ingredients list or choose a day without meat. This is a good development for both people and the environment. This soup is full of vegetables, good fats and delicious herbs. It gives your body a boost during the fall and ensures that the cold stays away or brings you back on top.
The soup is packed with ingredients that ensure a full meal with real superfoods. Research shows that turmeric protects and supports many diseases and conditions, such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. There are also many healing nutrients in ginger. Broccoli contains many vitamins, minerals, fibers and proteins. Avocado contains vitamins, minerals and good fats that our body needs. A soup packed with health benefits, easy to prepare, without difficult ingredients and most importantly; very tasty!
What you need (2 to 4 portions)
- Broth – 600 milliliters
- Coconut milk – 400 milliliters
- Unburnt almonds – 60 grams
- Fresh ginger – 40 grams
- Broccoli – 2 stumps (about 1.2 kilos)
- Bosui – 2 pieces
- Garlic – 2 toes
- Avocado – 1 piece
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
Make, Shake & Bake
- Cut the broccoli into florets. Only the lower part has to be removed from the trunk, the rest of the stalk can also be cut into pieces. Rinse the roses and pieces.
- Squeeze the garlic with a garlic press or cut the toes very small. Peel the ginger and cut it fine.
- Remove the peel and kernel from the avocado and cut the flesh into pieces.
- Fry the ginger and garlic briefly in olive oil.
- Then add the stock, coconut milk, turmeric and broccoli and bring to the boil. It is true that the broccoli is not completely under water, but that is not bad.
- As soon as the soup is boiling, the lid may be placed on the pan and allowed to simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove the green from the spring onion and cut the onion into rings.
- The unroasted nuts must be chopped into coarse pieces.
- Add the avocado to the soup and puree the whole with a hand blender.
- Some of the bush onion rings may now also be put in the pan. Heat it briefly.
- Serve the soup with the remaining spring onions and the chopped nuts.