Yes! I wanted to make protein bars for months as a healthy snack or after training and finally succeeded! In just 10 minutes you make this tasty handy-healthy snack!
On the internet, there are enough protein bars available. Pretty tasty but also often pricey. I made a healthy, cheaper version with as many natural products as possible.
The proteins in the bars are extracted from protein powder, nuts, whey crispy and from low-fat quark. Pure chocolate contains many healthy properties but it gives the protein bar a bit more calories. You can of course also omit this but it is still very tasty with a layer of chocolate on top;).
What do we need? (for 3 or 4 bars)
- 25 grams of vanilla protein powder (about 1 scoop)
- 35 grams of walnuts or cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa crisps
- 3 el whey crispy (is about 25 grams)
- 50 grams of dark chocolate (at least 75% cocoa)
- coconut grater as decoration
- optional: 2 tsp peanut butter or for less fat peanut butter powder
- 3 tbsp (low-fat) curd cheese (about 60 grams)
Nutritional value per bar – 210 kcal. (with 3 bars)
- proteins – 15 grams
- carbohydrates – 10 grams
- fats – 11 grams
Make & shake
- Let the chocolate melt in a bain-marie. (Au bain-marie is a large pan with a layer of water that you put in a bowl (water does not rise above the bowl) so that it heats up and melts the chocolate).
- Mix in a food processor the protein powder, the nuts, the peanut butter/powder and cottage cheese (not too fine).
- Knead the mixture together with the whey crispy and the cocoa crisps into a solid ball.
- The mixture should not be too sticky and not too dry. If it is too dry, you can add another teaspoon of water.
- Make a rectangle with a thickness of 1 cm from the kneadable ball (on a kitchen top or cutting plan).
- With the side of a large chef’s knife, you can press the sides well so that the lines are straight. For the beautiful, you can also cut the sides straight.
- Has the chocolate melted? Spread a layer of dark chocolate over the bars with a spoon and sprinkle some coconut grater over it to finish it.
- Half an hour in the fridge and you’re done with yummy honey! Enjoy!
Tip! You can keep them in the fridge for a few days. Do you want to keep them longer than in the freezer?