I love Couscous! In this recipe wholemeal couscous is used, but have you ever tried pearl couscous? I will soon share a recipe, you can easily and easily vary. With this recipe of Nutritious and Fast, you do not have to stand in the kitchen for a long time and that is great on busy days!
Number of portions: 2
What do you need?
- 4 chicken drumsticks (bio)
- 1 red onion
- 2 peaches (canned if fresh is not for sale)
- 1 knob of butter
- 15 grams of ginger
- 440 milliliters of water
- 50 grams of raisins
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 150 grams of whole grain couscous
- half cucumber
- 100 grams of spinach
- 7 grams of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt as desired
For the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon dried ground chili
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of salt
Make, Shake & Bake:
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade and coat the drumsticks with it.
- Cut the onion into rings, peel the peaches and cut the flesh into pieces.
- Fry the chicken legs for 10 minutes in a pan with a bit of butter change regularly.
- Meanwhile, peel the ginger and cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Add 200 ml of water, the onion, ginger, half of the peach and half of the raisins and the cinnamon to the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes; 7 minutes with the lid on the pan and the last 3 minutes without the lid.
- In the meantime, prepare the couscous: boil 220 ml of water in an electric kettle.
- Cut the cucumber into cubes and finely chop the spinach and parsley.
- Pour the hot water over the couscous and wait a moment.
- Loosen the couscous with a fork and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Then pour the spinach, the cucumber, the parsley and the rest of the peach and raisins through the couscous and add sea salt to taste.
- Serve the couscous with the chicken drumstick and the ‘gravy’.