Time for something colorful. The cold months have been going on for a while and to prevent you from falling into a dip, we have this colorful recipe. If you eat this as lunch, you are guaranteed to be cheerful and energetic again. With this recipe of Nutritious & Fast you bring some color in life, whether it is at lunch or dinner. Within a few simple steps you have this delicious meal on the table.
The color of this recipe comes from the red beets. The name says it all, red beets. They give off a lot of color, creating a total pink / red meal. Beyond that red beets give a lot of happiness to your meals, they are also full of good nutrients. Red beets are rich in fiber, vitamin C, manganese and iron. Beets are both cooked and raw tasty. You can use red beets in many different recipes, both cold and hot.
What you need (2 servings)
- (raw) beetroot – 150 grams
- Carrot – 150 grams
- Quinoa – 100 grams
- Grated young cheese – 100 grams
- Salad onion – 1 stalk
- Lemon – half
- Fresh parsley – hand full
Make, Shake & Bake
- Prepare the quinoa according to the label.
- When the quinoa is boiling, peel the red beet and the carrot and grate the vegetables. Place this in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. Then sprinkle the grated cheese over it.
- Combine well and season with salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is ready, it can be added to the mixture. Mix this well.
- Now cut the onions into rings and scoop it again.
- Serve the salad with coarsely chopped parsley.
Enjoy this colorful meal during the dark days.