Cannelloni is heaven! Our friends of Nutritious and Fast invented a low- carbohydrate variant with leeks instead of pasta. This is replaced by rolls of leek with cheese.
This recipe will cost you no more than 15 minutes to prepare and then only has to be in the oven for 15 minutes. Put a healthy meal on the table in little time: that’s how we roll!
What do you need?
- Fresh leeks (2 pieces)
- 100 gr. bacon
- Italian spice mix, of all 1 twig (oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage)
- 350 gr. Passata
- 100 gr. Ricotta
- 150 gr. frozen or fresh peas
- 6 slices of young cheese
- 40 gr. grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepper according to your wishes
Make, Shake & Bake
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Remove the outer layer of the leeks, cut a piece of the top and bottom and then cut the leeks in three each.
- Blanch the leeks for 4 minutes in a pan of boiling water.
- Meanwhile, bake the bacon in a frying pan.
- Cut the herbs finely and add them to the bacon with the passata, ricotta, and some pepper and heat them.
- Pour this sauce in an oven dish and stir in the frozen peas.
- Drain the leek pieces and wrap them in a slice of cheese.
- Place the cannelloni in the sauce and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over it.
- Heat the cannelloni for 15 minutes in the oven, switch on the grill setting for the last few minutes.