Lactose-free food is not such a challenge anymore. Today, there are fortunately many lactose-free products. Because I am lactose intolerant and therefore prefer to eat as much lactose-free as possible, I am always looking for new / innovative products. I could really eat this recipe every week, but because of the crème fraiche I often leave it to me. There was, in my opinion, no good replacement for lactose-free crème fraîche and so I took my stomach complaints for granted because I like this recipe so much. This is no longer necessary now!
Stroganoff is usually prepared with meat but with this recipe meat is unnecessary. The tasty ingredients do their job well enough. Also for people who do not necessarily have to eat lactose-free, this recipe is therefore highly recommended! Quickly finished, nutritious and super tasty!
Arla now has a whole line of lactose-free products ! For this recipe we use one of the latest products from Arla Lactofree: the lactose-free crème fraîche. This crème fraîche is made from cow’s milk. During the making of the crème fraîche the enzyme lactase is added to break down the milk sugars so that your body can absorb them well. You can make a lot of dishes with crème fraîche, because it can be used in both hot and cold dishes.
What do you need?
- Spinach – 200 grams
- Mushrooms – 200 grams
- Arla Lactofree crème fraîche – 200 grams
- Unpolished rice – 160 grams
- Tomato paste – 140 grams
- Parsley – 15 grams
- White onion – 1 piece
- Red pepper – 1 piece
- Garlic – 1 toe
- Red pepper – 1 piece
- Paprika powder – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Make, Shake & Bake
- Prepare the unpolished rice as indicated on the package.
- Cut the onion into small pieces. Put a little oil in the pan and fry the onion for about three minutes.
- At the moment the onion is fruiting, cut the mushrooms and red peppers into pieces.
- When the onion is soft, add the mushrooms and peppers. Leave this on a low heat for about five minutes with a lid.
- Cut the red pepper in half and remove the seeds. Then cut the red pepper into small pieces.
- Chop the garlic clove and add the red pepper and garlic in the pan.
- Stir well.
- Add Arla Lactofree crème fraîche, tomato paste and paprika powder to the mixture.Stir well again.
- Cut the spinach into coarse pieces and add it to the mixture. Stir in the spinach.
- Let this bake for two minutes on low heat so that the spinach shrinks.
Serve the stroganoff with the cooked brown rice and finely chopped parsley. Now you can enjoy without complaints, how nice is that! Enjoy!