This healthy quiche comes close to taste in the vicinity of pizza. Wait, what? Yes really! A quiche is a savory pie that you can fill with a mixture of egg, vegetables, fish, meat, and cheese. If you do not want to eat meat every day, this is a nice vegetarian alternative for a healthy meal that everyone will taste good and you immediately have your portion of vegetables and proteins inside.
A quiche also fits very well in a ( meal prepping) feeding schedule because you can eat it at any time of the day and it is cold the next day very tasty too. If you want to make a skinny pie, you can even omit the puff pastry.
What do we need?
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 winter carrot
- 1 broccoli stalk
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices of leaf or filo pastry
- 200 gr (low-fat) curd cheese
- Feta cheese (as desired, about a hand full)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried herbs (for example, basil and oregano)
- Cake form (23 cm)
Make, shake & bake
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut the broccoli florets small and let them cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Cover a cake tin with parchment paper or grease the shape lightly.
- Now place the puff pastry over the entire shape (including the edges) so that the entire shape is covered.
- Prick holes in the dough with a fork.
- Grate something roughly the winter carrot and then cut the red onion into small cubes.
- In a bowl, mix the winter carrot, the onions and a handful of Parmesan cheese.
- Add the well-drained broccoli and season with pepper, salt, a tablespoon of dried herbs and garlic.
- Now mix everything together well. Then you add the mix on top of the cake base.
- Put the 4 whole eggs, the cottage cheese, and some herbs as desired in a mixing bowl and whisk the mixture up lightly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and let it run to the bottom.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices and divide them over the quiche.
- Sprinkle a handful of Parmesan over it. Now the feta and another 1 tablespoon of dried herbs can also be distributed on top.
- The sides of the puff pastry are still up. Roll them in so that around edge long the quiche is created.
- Lubricate this edge a bit with egg yolk. Then the quiche can be put in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.