It is not always easy to come up with a salad. We often start with cucumbers, tomatoes, some lettuce and (usually an unhealthy) dressing. We can very much more in this. Meet one of our healthy summer salads!
The combination of mozzarella, strawberries, and basil does not seem so obvious at first, but it will amaze you how delicious this combi is. Cooking the quinoa is perhaps the most work so also for this salad not too much carving and quickly finished!
What do we need?
- 100 gr quinoa
- 100 gr mixed salad
- 220 gr mozzarella (1 large ball)
- 10-12 strawberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar per person
- Hand of cashew nuts
- Fresh chives
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh basil leaves
Make, shake & bake
- Rinse the quinoa and cook it as on the packaging.
- In the meantime cut the strawberries in half lengthwise or by celebrating.
- Also cut the spring onion or chives finely.
- Cut the mozzarella into cubes as desired.
- Put the mozzarella in a mixing bowl and mix with olive oil, pepper and sea salt (taste as desired).
- Is the quinoa ready? Allow it to cool down and season with some lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
- Mix the lettuce with the quinoa (about 3 large cubits per person) and spread over two salad bowls.
- Add the cubes of mozzarella, the strawberries, and the chives and distribute evenly.
- Add a little balsamic vinegar over it (1 tbsp per person) and your delicious fresh summer salad is ready!