Tuna is a fish that fits very well in a healthy and varied diet. It contains a lot of proteins, is rich in vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids. Tuna is naturally low in fat and does not contain many calories compared to herring, mackerel, and salmon.
You can prepare a mixed tuna salad in different ways. Often these salads are made with a lot of mayonnaise. We replace this in this version with low-fat quark. By combining it with apple and red onions, the salad gets a bit more spice but at the same time, it also tastes fresh. Avocado brings the fats in this recipe, but these healthy fats provide you with lots of healthy nutrients and give you a portion of energy. The tuna salad can also be used as a post-workout meal, because of the value of proteins and also satisfies perfectly as a full-fledged meal salad.
What do we need? (2 persons)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 can of tuna (on water basis) or fresh tuna (first baking)
- 1 red onion
- 1.5 cubes of low-fat quark
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Half peeled apple
- Fresh chives
- Pepper and sea salt
- Mixed salad
Optional for garnish: red onion, slices of avocado, cucumber, tomato and boiled egg.
Make & shake
- Remove the tuna from the can and drain it. Then put it in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the apple and the red onion into small cubes.
- Now cut the chives finely.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove it and cut 1 half into thin slices. Lay the avocado aside.
- Now with the tuna, you do the other half of the avocado, the onions, the apple and the curd in the mixing bowl. Season with pepper and sea salt.
- Add a little lemon juice and mix into a nice whole. The salad may be a little creamy.
- Put some mixed salad in a salad plate and spoon the tuna salad in the center of the plate on top (quantity as desired).
- Garnish the salad as desired with the slices of avocado, cucumber, tomato, egg and finally finely chopped chives, pepper, and salt.